Submissions for Mural have been closed.
Public Arts committee will be in close touch with all Artists and updates.
:: all questions, direct to firstname.lastname@example.org ::
DEADLINE was JUNE 15.
(SUBMISSION GUIDELINES ALSO CHANGED, PLEASE FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF)
- a selection of 10-15 images of your past work which is representative of the style and skill set you will bring to bear on mural creation
- a description of your vision for the mural, which can be visual, textual, or both (please refer to these templates for your convenience, if you choose to do a sketch as part of conveying your vision: parking lot wall | street side wall) — please keep in mind the protruding blocks on the street side wall, and consider them in your plan; the format for this “description of your vision” is completely up to you, so just use a format that best suits you and allows you to convey your ideas
- a description of your intended process, whether it’s one person or a group (team, club, organization, or other group), and how you plan to accomplish the mural in a way that involves the local community
- we do not need you to put in an inordinate amount of your time doing historical research before you hand in your submission; we will select 5 finalists and each will receive an honorarium and access to local historians (at a workshop or meeting date TBD), then you will be given ample time to flesh out your vision
- you do not need to turn in a full rendering of your idea; in fact, we expect you to present ideas & examples of your work, but we do not expect your idea to be complete yet, since we want you to use the extra time allotted, the honorarium, and access to historians to inform your process further and allow you to develop a much more culturally and historically significant concept of Glassell Park & NELA in general as you develop your final plan
Please send your submission to email@example.com.
See photos of post office below (click to enlarge!), and stay in touch if you need more info.
|Parking Lot Side
14′ x 50′ (appx 679 ft2)
|Eagle Rock Blvd Side
20′ x 53′ (appx 1060 ft2)